After several postponements due to Covid-19 restrictions, the 2020/2021 Pump Industry Awards and gala dinner finally took place on 23 September at the Chesford Grange Hotel, in Kenilworth, Warwickshire.
The British Pump Manufacturers’ Association (BPMA) and event organiser, Touchwave Media, were delighted to be able to finally reward the pump industry’s brightest and best. Details of the winners are as follows:
- Product of the Year, sponsored by Process Engineering was awarded to Sulzer for its XJ900 submersible dewatering pump.
- Project of the Year, sponsored by Stuart Turner, was awarded to Armstrong Fluid Technology for its upgrade for the National Grid.
- Environmental Contribution of the Year, sponsored by SPP Pumps, was awarded to Wilo UK/Environment Agency for their River Severn water management.
- Manufacturer of the Year, sponsored by WEG UK, awarded to Stuart Turner.
- Distributor of the Year, sponsored by EMiR Software, awarded to Campion Pumps.
- Supplier of the Year, sponsored by Wilo UK, awarded to ABB.
- Contribution to Skills & Training, sponsored by Tomlinson Hall, awarded to SPP Pumps: STEM Ambassadors in partnership with The Innovation Lab.
- Rising Star Award, sponsored by World Pumps, awarded to Thomas Parker of TEC Electric Motors.
- Lifetime Achievement Award, sponsored by BPMA, awarded to Peter Reynolds, Grundfos Pumps.